Junior UX/ UI Engineer (m/f)
At CANDIS we’re reshaping the future of accounting. Compared to traditional accounting software, we utilize AI to define the future of financial workflows. Eradicating manual processes and automating them as far as possible is the core promise of CANDIS. Several thousand SMEs and tax advisors are already trusting us to do just that.
The numbers speak for themselves: so far, we’ve collected $10 mio from top investors such as Pointnine, Speedinvest, Fly Ventures and Commerzbank. We’re well on our way to becoming Germany’s go-to-solution for accounting.
We pursue our vision of completely automated accounting workflows mainly with AI. We’re the first FinTech in Germany to utilize machine learning in accounting - trust us, we're not just throwing around buzzwords! The market is changing rapidly and we're doing everything to be at the very forefront of it!
We value independence, creative thinking and drive. Agile product development, hack-a-feature days and BBQs on the office terrace are a given.
We are more than 50 people from 10 countries with offices in Berlin and Bamberg and are always looking for talented people to join the club!
CANDIS is hiring a Junior UX/UI Engineer
We’re looking for someone with a fundamental grasp of both design aesthetics and technical know-how. You’ll partner with our UX Designer to define and deliver new features, build UI components for final implementation, and distil customer insights into reusable and scalable design patterns. Details are important as you iterate on complex interactions, workflows, and animations.
We want to build a diverse team from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. That means we’re committed to putting in the ongoing work to make CANDIS an inclusive and supportive place to do your best work. As the second member of our design team, you’ll play a meaningful role in setting that direction.
About the role
Design is becoming an increasingly important function at CANDIS as we grow the team. As such, scaling design to meet the demands of our engineering team will play an important role in ensuring we continue to deliver a product our customers love.
This means the job isn’t just about slicing up designs and building components. You will build close relationships and form the glue between designers and engineers.
Some examples of projects you might work on are:
- Building prototypes using Sketch, Figma, React, or any number of tools to test our assumptions and validate our designs.
- Work closely with a product manager, designer, and tech lead to design and implement a new feature that helps business owners automate their financial workflows.
- Implement new UI components, and document patterns for our design system that serves as the style guide and component library for current and future products.
- Help us move towards a single component library that is a single source of truth for both design and engineering teams (hint: Framer X and React).
- Help shape design practice and methodology within the team.
Those are some big challenges, so you probably won’t be an authority in all of these areas. But that’s fine because you’ll be surrounded by a supportive team who will guide you along the way.
Generally speaking, managers-of-one flourish at CANDIS. We’re optimistic technologists, eager learners, meticulous technicians, and committed to serving our customers. We’re a passionate team that supports each other and succeeds together.
You’re probably not someone who has mastered the craft. You’re someone who demonstrates the interest, dedication, and desire to keep learning new things and continually improve themselves. So long as you’re committed, we’re here to help you grow.
Do you identify with any of these qualities?
- A grasp of design principles and an eye for good design.
- You can’t help but do things the long, hard, stupid way.
- After reading The Design of Everyday Things you are now perturbed by the abundance of Norman Doors in everyday life.
If you don’t have more than 2 years of experience or a huge portfolio of work, that’s not a deal breaker. We care about your potential and helping you reach it, not necessarily what you can already do.
Ready to apply?
We appreciate applications with a personal touch. Introduce yourself, tell us why you’re a good fit, send us code samples, and most importantly why you want this job and not just any job.