Head of Product (m/f)
We’re offering you the unique opportunity to take on mission-critical responsibility in a post-Series A FinTech startup. We’re on our mission to pave the way for automated financial and accounting processes in SMEs and have just raised our Series A funding round with a world-renowned Silicon Valley VC. We currently develop two products (CANDIS Smartbooks & CANDIS Workflows) for a diverse range of audiences (SMEs & tax advisors/ accountants) and are now looking for someone to join our leaders team and take ownership of our product department.
We work on a modern tech stack (React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, Meteor.js, Elasticsearch, Serverless, AMW, TensorFlow…) and the best tools that money can buy.
Aside of an innovative product, your remuneration package consists of:
- 60-90k € + stock options
- Above average paid leave
- A paid relocation package for you and your family, including visa sponsorship and assistance with getting settled in Berlin.
- A learning budget for your personal growth. We sponsor conference tickets, books, e-learning etc.
- Free choice of hard- & software
You will work within a highly experienced team (Rocket Internet, Uber, DriveNow, Teufel, DeinHandy…) from diverse backgrounds (we’re still working on antarctica but aside of that, people from all continents work at CANDIS!). Currently we’re just under 60 people across 2 offices (Berlin & Bamberg) with a clear upwards trend. We’re optimistic technologists, eager learners, meticulous technicians, and committed to serving our customers. We’re a passionate team that supports each other and succeeds together. Oh right, flextime and home office is the icing on the cake. ;)
About the role
CANDIS is looking for someone who is both able and hungry to join the team as our new Head of Product. You are looking at a hands-on role that combines the operational aspects of a PM/PO with the strategic business aspects of owning CANDIS’ product vision.
Aside of ensuring that our Product-related day-to-day operations are running smoothly, your responsibilities include:
- As our Head of Product, you are the main facilitator between all of our internal and external stakeholders. You drive cross-functional collaboration across our teams to coordinate efforts in serving our customers. You conduct user interviews, attend meetups and conventions but you also turn to our Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Operations and Tech teams to better understand our users.
- In close collaboration with our VP of Engineering you align your colleagues on strategic business goals. You bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our users love.
- You communicate product updates, launches etc. to our users
- You identify and ensure relevant business metrics are met
- You always have your finger on the pulse of our users and an eye on the market. You understand our product’s strengths and weaknesses and know how to translate them into success stories.
TL;DR - you own and execute a successful product strategy in order to facilitate rapid growth with a Best-in-Class product that aims at disrupting the way that companies go about their finances and accounting.
You are an analytical and highly organized person who combines a strong user-orientation and a keen eye for usable & loveable products with outstanding communication skills. After all - requirements change and empathy is key if you want to successfully work together with all stakeholders.
You realize why understanding our users is essential and you rely on data to help you make the right calls. Those reports are helpful and all but the countless hours you’ve put into following blogs, reading articles or suppressing your need for sleep to watch the TC Disrupt live stream leave you with a pretty good idea of what’s going on in the (Fin)Tech universe. Though you don’t only recognize and follow trends - you’re looking to set them.
Not all of the job is research and planning though. Perhaps the most important part is the execution. When we say ‘hands-on’, we mean that you lead by example and are the first to jump into the proverbial trenches.
Since you’ve already filled senior product roles before, you know the ins and outs of a webapp’s product lifecycle. You have successfully launched SaaS products from vision to production and onto further iterations and growth. You’ve previously worked in rapid growth environments within a B2B (ideally FinTech) context that gave you the space and resources to hone your skills over the years. Along the way you’ve demonstrated the ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
You have a clear understanding of what unique challenges and issues a SaaS product faces. Not only are you confident in your ability to create a usable and loveable product, you do so while taking business aspects into consideration.
Several years of hands-on experience have left you with a very firm knowledge of:
- Shipping products from concept to launch
- Working with technical teams to rapidly produce prototypes and iterations
- Managing roadmaps
- Writing user stories
- Functional, visual & interactive design
- Gathering user requirements/ doing user research and data savviness
- You’re able to jump in as Scrum master if the need arises and are familiar with tools like Jira, InVision etc.
Our working languages are both German and English and a large majority of our users speak German. We expect you to be fluent both in spoken as well as in written German and English.
Please keep in mind that we’re describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all requirements, yet you’re confident that you’re up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
Let's get in touch!
Did we manage to spark your interest or do you simply want to get in touch? Shoot me (Philipp Sandhaas) an email or connect with me on LinkedIn! I’d love to hear what you would do as CANDIS’ Head of Product. ;)