UX/ UI Designer (m/f)
We're Looking for a UX/ UI Designer
CANDIS is hiring a UX/UI Designer to help us scale design within the organisation. From fleshing out ideas with interactive prototypes, to guiding the design language across our products, you will help translate the needs of our customers into compelling experiences.
We’re looking for someone with a fundamental grasp of both design aesthetics and technical know-how. You’ll partner with our UX Designer to conduct user research, distil these insights into new features, and team up with engineers to bring them to life. Details are important as you iterate on complex interactions and workflows.
We want to build a diverse team from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. That means we’re committed to putting in the ongoing work to make CANDIS an inclusive and supportive place to do your best work. As the second member of our design team, you’ll play a meaningful role in setting that direction.
About the role
Design is becoming an increasingly important function at CANDIS as we grow the team. As such, scaling design to meet the demands of our engineering team will play an important role in ensuring we continue to deliver a product our customers love.
This means the job isn’t just about building prototypes and pushing pixels. You will build close relationships as you communicate and collaborate with colleagues from conception through to implementation.
Some examples of projects you might work on are:
- Building prototypes using Sketch, Figma, React, or any number of tools to test our assumptions and design decisions.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team to design and implement a new feature that helps business owners automate their financial workflows.
- Design and document patterns for our design system that serves as the style guide and component library for current and future products. If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll go ahead and implement them too.
- Help us move towards a single component library that is a single source of truth for both design and engineering teams.
- Help craft design practice and methodology within the team.
You’re about creating experiences and you do this by combining a sense for aesthetics with asking the right questions and understanding our users. Because when it comes down to it, everything you do is centered around adding value to the user and you advocate on their behalf. Your best work comes from working across multi-functional teams in fast-paced environments. You like to move fast and in quick iterations while constantly pushing for the best possible product for our customers.
You’re someone who demonstrates the interest, dedication, and desire to keep learning new things and continually improve themselves. So long as you’re committed, we’re here to help you grow.
We’re optimistic technologists, eager learners, meticulous producers, and committed to serving our customers. We’re a passionate team that supports each other and succeeds together.
You’ve been able to gather professional working experience as a UX designer and more specifically designing B2B SaaS solutions. You’re familiar with a webapp’s product lifecycle and have successfully worked on SaaS products from vision to production. Please remember to leave a link to your online portfolio! :)
In essence, we expect you to have strong working knowledge in these areas:
- Creativity and a keen eye for loveable products
- UX/ conceptual skills (wireframing, information architecture, user flows…)
- Functional, visual & interactive design
- Methodologies (Scrum, agile, design thinking…)
- Fluent both in German & English (spoken and written)
Please keep in mind that we’re describing the background we imagine would best fit the role though we're not infallible either. Even if you don’t meet all requirements, yet you’re confident that you’re up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
Ready to apply?
Did we manage to spark your interest or do you simply want to get in touch? Shoot me (Philipp Sandhaas) an email or connect with me on LinkedIn!
We appreciate applications with a personal touch. Introduce yourself, let us know why you’re a good fit, point us to a showcase of your work, and most importantly tell us why you want this job and not just any job.