VP Engineering (m/f)
At CANDIS we’re reshaping the future of accounting. Compared to traditional accounting software, we utilize AI to define the future of financial workflows. Eradicating manual processes and automating them as far as possible is the core promise of CANDIS. Several thousand SMEs and tax advisors are already trusting us to do just that.
The numbers speak for themselves: so far, we’ve collected $10 mio from top investors such as Pointnine, Speedinvest, Fly Ventures and Commerzbank. We’re well on our way to becoming Germany’s go-to-solution for accounting.
We pursue our vision of completely automated accounting workflows mainly with AI. We’re the first and only FinTech company in Germany to do that. The market is changing rapidly and we're doing everything to be at the very forefront of it!
We value independence, creative thinking and drive. Agile product development, hack-a-feature days and BBQs on the office terrace are a given.
We are more than 50 people from 10 countries with offices in Berlin and Bamberg and are always looking for talented people to join the club!
About the role
CANDIS is on the journey of becoming the standard for digitized and automated accounting workflows and helps companies to lift their tax advisor collaboration into a new era.
Our Product and Engineering department is built around the concept of agile experimentation, continuous delivery and learning cycles. We believe that culture around agility is fundamental and it needs to be built and maintained. These projects comprehend a wide set of technological areas backend, frontend, client libraries and infrastructure that must all be consistent in their conception but also be allowed for independence in terms of execution.
As a VP of Engineering, you are responsible for shaping and maintaining a healthy engineering management team and through it, an engineering team that provides solutions and reliably executes on a streamlined and transparent delivery process.
In close collaboration with the CTO you will be growing our team and driving improvement in our engineering management practices and our product delivery processes. You’ll guide strategic departmental choices and ensure consistent delivery of value to our customers. You’ll work closely with Senior Management on strategy and organizational changes.
- Already lead a sizeable engineering team
- You had a consistent, excellent engineering career from individual contributor to leadership, you can be looked at as a role model and inspire your team
- Deep experience with modern web platforms & technologies, continuous delivery and deployment
- Proven success managing teams that maintain large globally distributed deployments on the public cloud (AWS or Google Cloud)
- You have a crisp vision with regard to where trends like containers, serverless architecture and GraphQL are leading
- Significant engineering management experience, both scaling and inheriting teams
- Strong track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent
- Commitment to attracting diverse candidates and removing unconscious bias in all situations
- Strong communication skills to a variety of audiences, from technical to non-technical
- Extensive experience with Product development methodologies.
Your Challenge at CANDIS:
- Lead CANDIS engineering organization
- Work with our CTO to define and deliver the technical vision for the platform
- Manage and inspire a growing team of software engineers
- Grow CANDIS software development team by building an outstanding engineering brand, hiring and retaining top talent from many diverse backgrounds
- Allow for fast iterations and tight feedback loop
- Uphold a strong culture of execution and accountability across engineering
- Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure systems
- Lead a team that is building the Infrastructure on which other teams delivers their projects
- Galvanise your reputation as a thought leader in next-generation application architecture
- Work with leadership and drive strategic choices
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Competitive salary and stock options to participate in the companies development
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance.
- We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
We're looking forward to your application!
Your contact person is Christopher Becker.
Please send your application to email@example.com or clicke on following button: